Vernon Elementary School
Part Time Custodian Vernon Elementary School
The Vernon Elementary School seeks a part-time custodian, 6 1/2 daytime hours (variable). 80% Benefit
- Has positive attitude toward job and school personnel
- Conducts herself/himself in a professional and ethical manner
- Maintains confidentiality
- Thoroughly cleans and maintains designated work areas as outlined in the Vernon School "Classroom/School Cleaning & Maintenance Rotation Sheet"
- Notifies Head of Maintenance (or school principal) concerning the need for repairs
- Has the ability to work independently, organize and use time effectively
- Has the ability to adapt to changing circumstances in designated work areas, which could include evening community events, after school programs and/or other public interruptions
- Shows initiative, but follows "Cleaning and Maintenance Rotation Sheet"
- Works within the procedures and systems of the school community
- Dresses appropriately for a school setting
- Works cooperatively with others; has the ability to establish and maintain appropriate working relationships with students, other employees and the public
- Has knowledge of occupational safety and health regulations (or knows how to access the information)
- Knows how to care for materials and operate equipment used in the performance of his/her duties
- Able to perform the physical aspects of the position; i.e., stand/walk for 6 1/4 hours, lift 50 pounds, work on ladder, bend, set up and take down chairs and tables for school performances, mowing, snow shoveling/blowing, grounds maintenance
- Able to use basic tools for maintenance such as ladders, tools, etc.
- Work safely with cleaning chemicals and refuse
Reports to: The Head of Maintenance
Please respond with cover letter, 3 reference letters and resume to:
- Mary Ross , Principal, 381 Governor Hunt Road, Vernon, Vermont 05354
Equal Opportunity Employer, Vernon School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.